Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Emilsa, her Husband Juan and their new baby boy, Juan!











Emilsa and Juan. 12 hours old.
















Dona Rehina and her princess. She is waiting to name it, which I have heard is normal. Some people wait up to a year. Silly Americans giving names before the baby is born. How can you name someone you dont know?














My favorite picture of all. I am almost positive this is the first time Ive ever held a baby. I dont think any of my various relatives plopd one in my arms. Dona Rehina told me that she wants this picture of the two of us so that her child knows how lucky she is. I cried.






Flor also gave birth this weekend! I first met her on the dock in San Miguelito, about 4 hours by boat north. When I came back from Managua, there she was, in my casa materna. She gave birth yesterday and started the 6 hour trip home today. She will walk for 2 hours after the bus drops her off. Damn. Girl.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful. And so are you. So inspiring. I need to try to be more of a super volunteer like you.

    ReplyDelete